Sunday, September 13, 2015

We Live in a Generation of....

We live in a generation of, not being in love...
#np: Drake - Doing It Wrong

It gets me thinking every time,
What is Love? True definition of love?
For this post, I'm talking specifically Love for your other half, your life partner. 

For some, Love equals to security. You feel loved when you feel secured.
For others, Love is an adventure, the more ups and downs you go through, the more loved you'd feel.

Some even measure love with materials. The more you get, the more loved you'd feel. 

And many other forms of Love people would define. 

For me? Honestly? I'm still exploring the true meaning of Love.

After few past relationships and especially the one i'm currently in, i can conclude this, for now;

Love is Companionship.

People may call it clingy (even i sometimes think i'm a bit clingy), but it is what it is. I'm considered as an independent person. I love being able to make my own decision, I love being in charge, I love being alone (sometimes), I prefer finding my own solutions, I rarely ask others for help when in trouble, I'd prefer do everything on my own. I'm used to dwell in my own sadness, happiness, worries, anxiety, anger without letting others in and see exactly how i feel deep inside. I'm comfortable being independent.

But, I also love having someone I can rely on, someone I know i can count on at any point of time in any situation.  I love when someone is paying attention to me, spoil me, pamper me, teach me, share their life stories, be vulnerable with me, be real with me, show their other side of the wall to me. It shows that that person feel comfortable and safe enough to have me as basically, their "home". Knowing they can open up, be crazy, be angry, be happy, be vulnerable and still, able to find comfort in me. And that's how i'd want to feel for my other half as well.

I love spending time with that special someone as much as possible, especially now, I'd cherish it even more. Even if we don't have anything planned and nothing to do. We can even be sitting in an empty room and stare at each others eyes and just sit there. Just, embrace the moment, talk about silly things, talk about serious matters, discuss about politics, about new trends, about our dreams, our childhood, our insecurities, our problems, our future, our happy moments. Anything! 

I don't need expensive gifts, lavish dinners, big house, big cars, expensive lifestyle. I just need time, attention and affection. All the other basic needs, I'm pretty sure I can cover it myself. Or we can figure it out, together. Because that's what companionship is all about. To travel the journey of life together. 

It may sound easy, but not many able to pull it off. Most of us are afraid. Afraid of being vulnerable, afraid to give our all, afraid to make sacrifices, afraid to change, afraid to take the next step. And why? Because we are afraid of getting hurt.

We all have our doubts, insecurities, and weak moments from time to time. But if we have someone to pour all our worries and seek comfort in, don't you think it would be a whole lot easier? *Provided that someone does actually listen and able to give comfort. Some might still be too clueless to even notice it. Be more attentive people!* 

The more you open up to each other, the more trust you'll build, the closer you'll get, the more loved you'll feel. OPEN COMMUNICATION and UNDERSTANDING is the KEY. In whatever situation, no matter how uncomfortable the topic might be, how controversial the topic might get, if both put the effort to understand the situation, they might see the light at the end of the tunnel. We shouldn't take advantage of one's vulnerability. When someone is opening up to you, don't use it as your weapon in the future if "in case shit goes wrong" happen. That's not how it works. That's not how a relationship supposed to work. Throw away the ego. The bad ones at least. It doesn't lead to anywhere good. Trust me. It never has, it never will.

Love, is really subjective indeed. But you'll feel it when you have it. It's so powerful that no words can ever describe how it really feels and what it really means. Love, just simply. Love.











No comments:

Post a Comment